Zambeef at a glance
Robust business model of vertical integration
Zambeef Products PLC ("Zambeef", the "Company", or, together with its subsidiaries the "Group") is one of the largest integrated agri-businesses in Zambia.
The Group is principally involved in the production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, milk, dairy products, eggs, edible oils, stock feed, and flour. The Group also has large row cropping operations (principally maize, soya beans and wheat), with approximately 8,120 Ha of row crops under irrigation and 8,480 Ha of rain-fed/dry-land crops available for planting each year. The Group is also in the process of rolling out its West Africa expansion in Nigeria and Ghana, as well as developing a palm project in Zambia.
- One of the largest irrigated row cropping operations in Zambia.
- Approximately 8,120 Ha irrigated and approximately 8,480 Ha rainfed, arable, developed land available for planting each year.
- Crop production focused on soya beans during summer and wheat during winter.
- Capacity to produce 40,000 M.T. of soya beans, 45,000 M.T. of wheat and 21,000 M.T. of maize p.a.
- 125,000 M.T. storage capacity.
- Farming division provides raw materials input (wheat, soya, and maize) for further value add processing within the Group.
- One of the largest suppliers of beef in Zambia.
- Seven beef abattoirs and three feedlots located throughout Zambia with a capacity to slaughter 100,000 cattle p.a. and a capacity to feedlot 24,000 grain fed cattle p.a.
- One of the largest chicken and egg producers in Zambia currently processing 6.2 million chickens p.a. and producing over 46 million eggs p.a.
- One of the largest piggeries, pig abattoir and pork processing plants in Zambia with a capacity to slaughter 100,000 pigs p.a.
- Dairy farm with approximately 2,500 dairy cattle, with 850 currently lactating and currently producing over 6.5 million litres of milk p.a.
- Meat and dairy divisions provide raw materials input for further value add processing within the Group.
- One of the largest edible oil and soya meal producers in Zambia with a crushing capacity of 100,000 M.T. of oil seed p.a.
- One of the leading stock feed producers in Zambia, with a capacity of 13,000 M.T. p.m.
- Wheat mill with a capacity to mill 30,000 M.T. of wheat p.a.
- One of the largest tanneries in Zambia, with a processing capacity of 72,000 hides p.a.
- Meat processing plants with a capacity to process over 700 M.T. of processed meats p.m.
- Zamanita adds value to the soya beans from the Zambeef farms, producing edible oils and soya meal.
- Stock feed plant adds value to the protein by-product (soya meal) from the Zamanita crushing plant to produce stock feed.
- Meat and dairy processing plants add value in producing yoghurt, drinking yoghurt, cheese, butter, milk based juices and processed meat products.
- Wheat mill adds value to the wheat from the Zambeef farms, producing flour.
- Tannery and shoe plant adds value to the by-product of the beef abattoir division (cattle hides); producing leather, industrial footwear and protective leather clothing.
- Concessionary Agreement with Shoprite to manage the Shoprite butcheries throughout Zambia, Nigeria and Ghana.
- Currently 92 retail outlets, four wholesale centres, seven fast food outlets and 22 Shoprite butcheries in Zambia.
- West Africa provides an exciting opportunity for the Zambeef Group, in partnership with Shoprite.
- Currently 15 Shoprite butcheries, six self-operated stores and two processing plants in West Africa.
- Vast majority of Zambeef products retailed directly to end consumer, in a value added form, through the Group's extensive retail and wholesale distribution network.
- Zambeef also operates one of the largest transport and trucking fleets in Zambia and has its own workshop to service and maintain its vehicle fleet.
- Gives the Group control over logistics and distribution.
|1. Zambia||2. Nigeria||3. Ghana|
- 92 retail outlets, 4 wholesale depots, and 7 Zamchick Inns.
- 22 Shoprite butcheries.
- 9 abattoirs.
- 3 processing plants.
- 5 farms (incl. palm).
- 11 Shoprite butcheries.
- 6 self-operated stores.
- Farm site housing feedlot,
abattoir, processing plant and
- 4 Shoprite butcheries.
- 1 processing plant.
Zambeef has an established and proven strategy of providing high quality end products to its customers. Over the past ten years, we have built the Group into a broad, vertically integrated retail and agricultural business with a robust supply chain which creates added value and reduces financial volatility.
Our priorities, continue to be focused on:
- the retailing of cold chain meat and dairy products;
- where appropriate, forging strategic alliances and partnerships with acknowledged industry players;
- unlocking value and capital gains from within the Group and reducing debt/gearing; and
- developing the business into a regional food supplier.